Vegan White Queso
This 5 Minute Vegan Queso Blanco is the vegan queso that you've been missing in your life. Run to the kitchen and whip this up in 5 minutes for a delicious snack!
- 1 cooked potato I steamed mine
- ¾ cup cashews unsoaked, unsalted
- 1 cup veggie broth I used a wonderful protein Veggie broth from the brand 'Sam's'
- ½ cup water see Notes**
- 4 ounce can of diced green chile
- 1 tbsp juice of pickled jalapenos
- 3 tbsp diced pickled jalapenos see Notes**
- 2-3 tsp salt salt to taste
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp lemon juice
1. If you have a high speed blender you won't need to soak the cashews.
2. If you DON'T have a high speed blender you can soak the cashews in very hot water for 1 hour, then drain and use.
3. When using soaked cashews, start with ¼ cup of water (instead of the ½ cup stated above) and add water accordingly for your desired thickness.
4. If your cashews are salted, I recommend only adding maybe 1 tsp of salt to the queso and tasting at the end to see if it needs more salt. (you don't want it to be too salty!)
5. If you like a lot of spice, add an extra tbsp of diced jalapenos to the mixture. (I like to reserve some to stir into my cheese once it's been blended)
6. I think steamed potatoes work best, but if you have to boil them, I'd dial back the water added to the recipe since the potatoes will be holding a good bit of water.